Diabetes Education Classes
- Diabetes Dayton offers a free two part series of diabetes education classes each month.
- Class size is limited, and are filled on a first call, first serve basis. Please call 937/220-6611 to register.
- Classes are taught by Certified Diabetes Educators.
- Open to newly diagnosed diabetics and those interested in a refresher class.
- Family members are welcome to attend.
What you'll learn in our 101 Class:
- Diabetes Overview
- Explanation of the disease
- Treating highs and lows
- Proper Monitoring
- Proper nutrition
- Takings medications and insulin properly
2013 Class Dates: (every 2nd Saturday of the month)
Jan 12, Feb 9, March 9, April 13, May 11, June 8, July 13, Aug 10, Sept 14, Oct 12, Nov 9, Dec 14
Diabetes Nutrition & Pulling it Together-102
What you'll learn in our 102 Class:
- Three steps of eating well
- Choosing foods and reading labels
- Extras: sugar substitutes, alcohol, discretionary food
- Making lifestyle changes & preventing health complications.
2013 Class Dates: (every 3rd Saturday of the month)
Jan 19, Feb 16, March 16, April 20, May 18, June 15, July 20, Aug 17, Sept 21, Oct 19, Nov 16, Dec 21
Diabetes Support Group
A bi-monthly meeting offering:
- Emotional and moral support
- Stress management
- Drop in! No need to sign up in advance
2013 Support Group Dates: (2nd Monday of the month)
Jan 14, March 11, May 13, July 8, Sept 9, Nov 11
Classes & Support Group Meetings are held at our office: 2555 South Dixie Ave, Suite 112, Dayton, Ohio 45409. Parking is free. Please call 937/220-6611 to register.