DESAP (Diabetes Emergency Supply Assistance Program)
Our DESAP is in place to assist the uninsured living with diabetes.
Our DESAP guidelines:
· DESAP is able to offer free diabetes testing supplies (monitors, test strips, lancets, syringes, pen needles, alcohol wipes and sharps containers) one time in twelve months.
· We are not able to assist with insulin or oral medications, but clients may be eligible for assistance with insulin &/or medications at the following organizations:
· Reach Out Clinic: 937.258.2000 www.daytonreachout.org
(Montgomery County residents only)
· Living Well Clinic: 937.372.7177 www.livingwellclinic.org
(Greene County residents only)
· Health Partners Free Clinic: 937.332.0894 www.healthpartnersclinic.org
(Miami County residents only)
· St. Vincent's Charitable Pharmacy 513.562.8841 x 228 www.svdpcincinnati.org
(Hamilton, Butler, Warren and Clermont County residents only)
· DESAP is a walk-in program. Clients may call ahead in order for us to serve them. DESAP hours are 9am-12pm & 1pm-5pm Monday through Friday. We are closed during the lunch hour.
· DESAP is in place to help those most in need. Unfortunately, this means we are only able to assist clients with a minimum of 50 testing strips (1) time in twelve (12) months. We do, however, make sure each client is given resources and referral information to help with their needs. After initial assistance, customers will be referred to our low cost testing supplier, Bionime (more information under Programs and Services > low cost testing).
· We do not mail supplies. If someone other than the client picks up requested supplies we require a third party signature.
Contact our office at: 937. 220.6611 with any questions or to utilize the DESAP.
How you can help:
Consider a donation to the agency to fund the DESAP Pantry (Click "Donate Now!" at the top of the page)
Donate unexpired test strips, working glucometers, unused syringes/ lancets/ alcohol swabs to the agency during business hours
Volunteer to organize the pantry/ sort donations
SPREAD THE WORD that Diabetes Dayton is here to help!